Goofs from The Kid Who Would Be King
Showing all 5 items
- Throughout the movie they are counting down to an upcoming solar eclipse. Yet the Moon each night gets more and more full with it being completely full the night before the eclipse. A solar eclipse can only happen on a new Moon approximately two weeks away from a full moon.
- The movie takes place in England, however several times characters refer to distance in miles. England is on the metric system.
- Merlin's shirt continuously changes between gray and black between shots. When Merlin first appears, walks into a shop, and tells the clerk "I require your smock", he is referring to the clerk's Led Zeppelin T-shirt. When young Merlin wears it, the shirt is black; when old Merlin wears it, the shirt is gray.
- When Alex is fighting Lance in the lake, he falls into the water and completely submerges. Immediately after Lance walks away, Alex takes his King Arthur book out of the back pack he is wearing and it is completely dry, despite the backpack being an ordinary school bag and not waterproof. (When Alex falls (0:58:02 to 0:58:35) he falls on his stomach and the top of the backpack remains out of the water. Moreover, at 1:01:29, Bedders suddenly exclaims "We're dry!" Presumably, the "magic powers" could keep the book dry if need be.)
- Early in the movie, the kids borrow a car. When time restores, the driver reappears in the car. Later, they borrow horses. The riders should have reappeared one the horses when time restored.