The Hitman's Bodyguard
- 1hr 58m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
The critics didn't like it, so you know it's an entertaining action movie .
Was not anticipqting this much humor! Really funny!
The Hitman’s Bodyguard would have been much funnier because, on paper, Tom O’Connor’s script was probably a scream. What adds to the unevenness of the whole affair is a propensity for extreme violence that just seems incompatible with what is ostensibly a comedy.
The Hitman’s Bodyguard is not the best movie of the summer, but it is easily its most pleasant surprise. An unapologetically violent and vulgar buddy action comedy, it updates the template set forth by Lethal Weapon and particularly Midnight Run for a new era.
Hitman's Bodyguard offers more than enough shoot-'em-up to keep multiplex auds munching their popcorn, but sharper talents behind the camera might have made it considerably more enjoyable.
Movie Info & Cast
- Ryan Reynolds
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Gary Oldman
- Tsuwayuki Saotome
- Elodie Yung
- Roy Hill
Did You Know?
- This will be the second collaboration between Ryan Reynolds and Gary Oldman after Criminal (2016).
- The Jaguar at the beginning of the movie is OU16 LVA. The 16 on UK number plates means the car was registered between March 2016 and end of August 2016. Shortly after, the movie moves to two years later which at the time of writing is the future assuming the film is set in present day. If no other dates are referenced, there is no reason why the film must be set on the day it is made, or released ; but if the 16 is valid, then the later scenes would have some UK number plates with 18, 68 etc.
- Michael Bryce: Go with God! This man's killed over 150 people.
- Darius Kinkaid: 250, easy.
- Michael Bryce: Yeah, but they love you. Me, they want to perform an exorcism on.
- Darius Kinkaid: Question for a higher power. Who is more wicked, he who kills evil motherfuckers or he who protects them?