Goofs from The Giver
Showing all 7 items
- When Jonas first reaches the top of the snowy mountain, he checks his map. The antique paper map is in pristine condition, despite having been completely submerged underwater on a long journey through multiple climates which would have severely worn it.
- When Jonas and the Giver walk home from their first meeting, they pass by some people assembling a tree. From this point on, the shot is flopped (Giver on Jonas' right, and the brake lever and swing arm of the front wheel fork of the bike on the left side). The image stays mirrored until they separate, when Jonas asks about the one before him.
- When Jonas runs from the nursery and passes through the first set of doors, the crib that is supposed to have Gabe in it is empty.
- When Jonas flees through various terrain and weather conditions at the end of the movie, his wardrobe changes a number of times to where he finally wears a thick winter parka. All the while he never has a backpack or bag or anything with him and the baby when he initially flees on the motor bike. And where could he have even gotten a spare parka from anyway, since the whole society was climate controlled to perpetual summer-like conditions?
- After Mother interrupts Jonas showing Lilly how to dance, Lilly says, "Jonas said it's called dancing," but her lips don't move.
- As Jonas slides his chair back from the Giver, after their first session, the glass of water he put on the floor next to his chair seems to disappear but it is just visually blocked, for the most part, by a leg of the chair.
- One wonders at the physical state of Jonas, particularly his feet, in walking up and over the snowy mountain in nothing but summer clothing and gym shoes (especially after passing out from exhaustion in the snow after his trek through the desert).