Trivia for The Curse of La Llorona
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Rumored to be a film in The Conjuring Universe.
- Raymond Cruz's first top-billed role in a film, after consistently playing minor roles in television.
- Linda Cardellini & Sean Patrick Thomas both were opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar respectively in Scooby-Doo (2002) and Cruel Intentions (1999).
- Samantha is seen watching a classic Scooby-Doo cartoon. Linda Cardellini, who plays her mother Anna, played Velma in the two live-action Scooby-Doo movies.
- This is the second film in the Conjuring Universe to not feature, or reference, Ed and Lorraine Warren. It's also the first spin-off to feature an antagonist who didn't appear in the main film series.
- This film makes several references to the rest of the "Conjuring" films. One example is the scene where brothers Carlos and Tomas are haunted by La Llorona. One of the brothers looks to the corner of the room near the doorway. This is similar to when Christine first sees Bathsheba in her bedroom in "The Conjuring". The other brother then sleepwalks after being influenced by La Llorona. Bathsheba had a similar effect on the children in "The Conjuring". Finally Anna's daughter Sam carries a doll with her throughout the film. While it is not a Raggedy Ann doll it look very similar to the iconic toy. The Annabelle doll was a Raggedy Ann doll in real life. Father Perez, who helps guide Anna in this film, also appeared in the first standalone "Annabelle" film.
- The first of two movies in The Conjuring Universe to be released in 2019. The second is "Annabelle Comes Home". This is the first time two movies in The Conjuring Universe are released in the same calendar year. The "Annabelle" movies are also referenced in "The Curse of La Llorona".
- Credits' copyright year is 2018.
- This movie is obviously set in the late 1970s with rotary phones, typewriters, TV dinners, references to Johnny Carson, and car models. How is this trivia when first of the movie clearly says that it is in fact set in the 1970s
- Tony Amendola, who portrayed Father Perez in Annabelle (2014), reprises this same role in this film.
- The film is confirmed to be a part of The Conjuring Universe.