Trivia for The Art of Self Defense
Showing all 8 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- This movie was shot in Kentucky
- Jesse Eisenberg's first comedy movie since "American Ultra" (2015).
- DOJO RULES: 1. No shoes on the mat. 2. No food or drinks on the mat. 3. Bow when stepping on/off the mat. 4. Always bring your belt. 5. Wash your gi. 6. Respect your opponent. 7. Tap or hear it snap. 8. Tap or take a nap. 9. Stay hydrated. 10. If it works, use it. 11. Guns are for the weak.
- Writer and director Riley Stearns trains and teaches Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- In the photograph of the master in the dojo you can see, behind the master, a picture of Morihei Ueshiba Osensei the founder of the martial art of aikido. This implies that the master trained as an aikidoka. Aikido, loosely translated, means 'The Way of Spiritual Harmony'. This is puzzling since aikido is a grappling art more akin to judo than to the striking art, karate.
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots both appeared in "Vivarium".
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots previously collaborated in Solitary Man.
- At the end, next to the dojo's picture of the master, Casey has placed a picture of his dachshund.