Trivia for The Art of Racing in the Rain
Showing all 8 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Based on the book by Garth Stein.
- All shots of Milo Ventimiglia in the Turner Motorsports M4 GT4 were filmed with blue screen backgrounds on a stationary airbag suspension rig. All on-track scenes of that car were performed by pro racers Justin Marks and Tanner Foust at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
- Eve (Amanda Seyfried) says that she's "not a dog person". In reality, Amanda is very much a dog-lover. She's had a beloved golden retriever named Finn for many years.
- Kevin Costner's first voice acting role.
- In the original novel, Enzo is able to detect that Mike and Tony are life partners during the times in which Denny's absence finds him in their care. While both characters are retained in the film, all references to their sexual orientation has been completely omitted.
- Near the end of the story, Milo takes Enzo for a ride in a replica 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa. Only 33 original Testa Rossas were made, from 1957 to 1961, and they are highly prized for their racing success at the hands of legendary drivers. In 2014, an original 1957 Testa Rossa sold privately for $39.8 million.
- Denny drives a, 1973 BMW 3.0 CSi [E9].
- The film adaptation differs quite drastically from the book it's based on. In the book, Denny is falsely accused of rape by an underage girl who is enamored with him. The character is omitted from the film adaptation entirely and Denny's legal troubles are replaced with his father-in-law accusing him of assault after a fall.