Taxi Driver (1976)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Diahnne Abbott
- Robinson Frank Adu
- Victor Argo
- Gino Ardito
- Garth Avery
- Peter Boyle
- Albert Brooks
- Harry Cohn
- Copper Cunningham
- Robert De Niro
Did You Know?
- Linda Blair was the second choice to play Iris.
- Iris's sunglasses change from green to blue when they're having breakfast. This is a character quirk; she changes her glasses periodically, as the person Iris was modeled on did this.
- Personnel Officer: Wanna work uptown at nights? South Bronx? Harlem?
- Travis Bickle: I'll work anytime, anywhere.
- Personnel Officer: Will you work on Jewish holidays?
- Travis Bickle: Anytime, anywhere.
Atom User Reviews
A brilliant nightmare and like all nightmares it doesn't tell us half of what we want to know.
The film can be seen as a series of his failed attempts to connect, every one of them hopelessly wrong.... This utter aloneness is at the center of Taxi Driver, one of the best and most powerful of all films, and perhaps it is why so many people connect with it even though Travis Bickle would seem to be the most alienating of movie heroes. We have all felt as alone as Travis. Most of us are better at dealing with it. [20th Anniversary Release]
Its deeply anarchic sensibility has kept Taxi Driver fresh all these years. [20th Anniversary Release]