Trivia for Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
Showing all 25 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- This is the 4th time Ajay and Saif are sharing the screen together after Kachche Dhaage (1999), LOC Kargil (2003) and Omkara (2006).
- This is the second time Luke Kenny and Saif Ali Khan will be working together after Sacred Games (2018)
- This is 4th film with saif ali khan 1. Kacche Dhage 2. LOC 3. Omkara & 4th will be TANHAJI - UNSUNG WARRIOR
- This is the fourth time Saif and Kajol are sharing the screen after Yeh Dillagi (1994), Bambai Ka Babu (1996) and Hamesha (1997) ishq(1997).
- Director Om Raut will be making his directorial debut in Bollywood with this film.
- This is Ajay devgan's 100th movie, with this movie he completes his century.
- Few scenes between Saif Ali Khan and Ajay Devgan in the film and a massive fight sequence in the climax with sword fighting has been trained under German technicians.
- In an interview, Ajay Devgn said that if viewers watch the film in 2D, they will enjoy it only 50%. He further explained the film was not shot but designed in 3D using a technology untouched by most Indians and even Hollywood films.
- Describing the film as a mixture of reverence for the brave warrior and action-packed scenes that add to the entertainment factor of the story, Kajol said "There is a certain action film zone we are entering and we have worked hard with the special effects. The film is in 3D as well and we want to make this important moment as entertaining and interesting as we can. We want to do more of this if this film does well."
- A dialogue said by Savitribai (Kajol) in the movie, "When Shivaji Raje wields his sword, it safeguards and supports the honour of women and the sacred thread of a Brahmin." was changed to "When Shivaji Raje wields his sword, it safeguards and supports the honour of women and every single household." after objections were raised over it by the Sambhaji Brigade, who said that King Shivaji safeguarded all castes and communities and not only Brahmins, and that the movie was trying to erase Shivaji's inclusive and secular image.
- After the release of the trailer, objections were raised over the "Om" symbol shown on the Maratha Flag, as the Marathas never had any symbol on their flag. The symbol "Om" was digitally removed from the Maratha flag in the final cut of the movie.
- The 'Akhil Bhartiya Kshatriya Koli Rajput Sangh' filed a petition in the Delhi High Court stating that the lead character in the film Tanhaji was a Kshatriya Mahadeo Koli, however, the film shows him belonging to the Maratha community. They demanded the makers of the film to reveal the warriors' "true lineage". The plea further stated that the real lineage of Tanhaji was being hidden by the filmmakers for commercial and political gains.
- Kajol being a half Maharashtrian had worn Navari Saree(Nine Yard Sare) only for her wedding.It was almost after 20 years that she wore Navari sari for this film.
- Saif Ali Khan and Ajay Devgan worked after Omkara 2006 that film also has him in a negative role.
- Film clashed with Chappak and Dardbar on 10 January 2020.
- Ajinkya Deo and Ajay Devgan work after Gair 1999.
- Film was announced in 2017 and was slated to release in 2019.But pushed ahead by few months.
- MNS were against dubbing Hindi films in Marathi.But agreed to release this film as Tanaji was pride of Maratha's.
- Film was shot in 3D.
- Also dubbed in Marathi and released on same day.
- The Great Maratha Warrior King Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is being played by Sharad Kelkar who is a well known & respected actor in bollywood as well as Marathi & South Indian regional film industries. The actor is well known for his deep & powerful voice & is prominently known for doing Hindi voice dubbing of Prabhas who plays titular role in Bahubali.
- This is Ajay Devgn's 100th film
- Prasanna Ketkar who plays a small role in this film has already potrayed Subhedar Tanaji Malusare in star Pravah tv serial Raja Shivchhatrapati.
- The film is based on a real incident, the following are significant discrepancies from reality. 1. Tanhaji died while fighting with Udaybhan (who was also injured severely) & the Maratha army in panic started fleeing. It was 85-year-old Shelar Mama who regrouped them & he was the one who landed the fatal blow on Udaybhan, however, in the film it is shown that Tanhaji kills Udaybhan. 2. Udaybhan was a courtier of Mirza Raje Jaisingh & not Aurangzeb as shown in the film.
- Saif Ali Khan is playing the main antagonist in Ajay Devgn's movie for the 2nd time. First being Omkara (2006)