Trivia for Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy
Showing all 18 items
- This film is Biography of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy
- It's chiranjeevi's 151st Movie
- The teaser of this film got a record digital views of 12 million in 24 hours.
- India's first freedom fighter. Began in 1846. The unsung hero of India. Legend.
- A legend himself bringing another legends story to silver screen
- Amitabh Bachchan and Chiranjeevi work together for first time.
- Actor Chiranjeevi had mentioned in a press meet that 75 crore rupees had been spent on filming the emotional climax episodes of the movie.
- Actor Chiranjeevi's son, Ram Charan is the producer of the film.
- AR Rahman was initially approached to score the music but he had opted out due to scheduling issues.Amit Trivedi and Julius Packiam were selected to compose music for the film.
- Sye Ra Reddy was the first Hindi film (though dubbed) of Chiranjeevi to release theatrically in Canada. Pratibandh and Aaj Ka Goondaraj was not shown in theater's due to Canada not showing Hindi films in theater's between 1982 and July 1992. Overseas distributor's refused to buy The Gentleman and release it in theaters in 1994.
- Besides marking Chiranjeevi's first theatrically-released film in its dubbed Hindi, Tamil and Kannada versions in Canada, it was the first film of the MegaStar, and Telugu cinema in general, to be released in its original Telugu version by the Cineplex chain of cinemas Canada-wide. Prior Telugu films, the 'Baahubali' films and 'Saaho', both showed in Cineplex cinemas in its Hindi version.
- Of the 4 songs in this film's soundtrack, 'Andam Ankitham' was not shown onscreen. Producer Ram Charan indicated that one song that cost INR 8 crores to shoot was cut from the final film, presumably the aforementioned one. The lack of a song to demonstrate Chiranjeevi's trademark graceful dancing skills came as a disappointment to some of his fans, as it is a norm in all of the megastar's films to display them since his big break in the 80s. However, it is possible that this song may see an online release sometime soon.
- Amitabh Bachchan did not take any payment for his role in the film.
- Chiranjeevi had been trying to make a movie on the life of Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy for the last 12 years, but was unable to do so due to budget constraints.
- The war sequence that appears during the climax of the film, was shot in Georgia and the producers had to spend INR 54 crore for it.
- The principal photography of the film began on 6 December 2017 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- More than 100 actors were auditioned in London for a period of 30 days before 7 actors were chosen for key roles in the film.
- The Nossam Fort sequence was shot for a period of 35 nights and over 2000 junior artists and fighters from India and abroad were involved in it.