Quotes from Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy
Showing all 5 items
- Lakshmi: Our parents are decided by God. I had hoped to find my husband on my own, but that right was also snatched away from me. At least, let me die on my own terms.
- Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy: Not everyone is born with the gift of being an artist. You have been blessed with an art form that can inspire people. This art is neither for you nor for the God who created you, the purpose of it's existence is to motivate and encourage people to do the right thing. You have no right to end your life like this. After we die, we should be able to look confidently into the eyes of God and proudly say that i lived life to it's fullest and gave it my everything. Every life should have a purpose, every death should be seen as the dawn of a new life. On the day we become aware of the reason why we are alive, we will also find the cause that is worth dying for.
- Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy's mother: Swami, my son is organizing this ceremony against the wishes of the British. Will he succeed ?
- Gosayi Venkanna: Narasimha Reddy isn't a common man. He's the chosen one. He was raised with a sword in one hand and knowledge in another. No force can stop him now.
- British Officer 1: A woman acting as a suicide weapon has killed 300 British soldiers. Why are 9000 men behind a single man ? What is happening ?
- British Officer 2: Freedom fight. He believes he can wage a civil rebellion against us with the help of a few rats that he has in the name of an army.
- British Officer 3: What kind of a rebellion ?
- British Officer 4: My lord, i would never worry about an army of tigers lead by a mouse, but an army of rats being led by a tiger is something that we should definitely be concerned about. He will transform every single mouse into a tiger.
- Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy: Why should we pay you tax ? The rain wouldn't ask for it, the land wouldn't ask for it, the crop wouldn't ask for it. So who are you to ask us to pay tax ? From the land to the end crop, the farm is ours, the sweat is ours, the plant is ours, the water is ours, the stem is ours, the reap is ours, the heap is ours. Then why do we need to pay tax to you ?
- Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy: Warriors of Renadu ! Don't fight this war for yourself, but instead fight it for your mothers, brothers and children. History may not remember us, but history will be made by us tonight.