Goofs from Suspiria (1977)
Showing all 15 items
- Dario Argento's face can be seen reflected on the taxi's glass partition in the opening sequence. Assumed by many people to have been a mistake coming from a rushed shoot, Argento has gone on record to say it was intentional.
- Cord visible on bat as it flies from the closet
- When Pat is drying off, we see through the window, some washing hanging on the line. Then in an outside shot, we see the same washing, but now arranged differently.
- We see that when Pat's host leaves the room, there is a pink bag sitting on the side of the table, to the right of the window. Later, when Pat walks over to the window, the bag is now gone.
- Cord used to pull door from its hinges visible
- The morning Suzy arrives at the school, Miss Tanner tells Suzy that they were expecting her the night before. Suzy replies that she had arrived at the school the night before, at 10 o'clock, but the door was locked. However on her way up the staircase, when Madame Blanc is explaining to the officers about the murdered girl's expulsion, Suzy interrupts to say she saw a girl leaving when she arrived at 11.
- When we see the killer's hands, they are shown to have huge, long black fingernails. In a following scene where the victim is stabbed, the fingernails are now normal.
- During the opening cab ride to the school, Suzy asks the cab driver "has it been raining this hard for long?" As the driver turns back towards her just before responds you can see just outside the driver's window (on the left side of the shot) a pillar-like rotating piece of lighting equipment that is clearly the source of the red and yellow strobe lighting during the entire scene.
- When Suzy is talking with the old Psychiatrist at the Convention Centre and the camera slowly zooms in on the windows behind them and focuses on their reflections we can also see Dario Argento on the left side of the frame in a white t-shirt observing the scene and looking backing and forth. (More noticeable in the Blu-ray release.)
- When the main character arrives at the academy during the rain storm, the flash-bulb producing the lightening can be seen reflected in the taxi's window.
- (76:13) In the English dubbed version, the Latin sentence cited by Prof. Milius is full of mistakes and thus virtually unintelligible ("Quandum ubique, quandum semper, quandum ad omnibus creditur est."). The line as intended by the author can, however, be heard in the Italian version: "Quoddam semper, quoddam ubique, quoddam ab omnibus creditum est." Translated, it means, "There is always a everywhere, some believed by all."
- After discovering the crate full of rotten vegetables on the attic, several characters refer to worms when it should be maggots.
- [German version only] On being dismissed by Madame Blanc, Mrs. Tanner utters "of course" but her lips don't move. The words aren't included in the international version, too.
- During the first murder, the victim's location changes from shot to shot. By the end of the scene, she's in a completely different room.
- One of the dance students describes Daniel's guide dog as a wolfhound. The dog is a German Shepherd.