Trivia for Stuber
Showing all 12 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Dave Bautista and Karen Gillan have appeared in the MCU together via Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) up to Avengers: Endgame (2019). Coincidentally, the 10CC song "I'm Not in Love", which appears on this film's soundtrack, had a resurgence in popularity in 2014 when it appeared as the opening song for the original Guardians of the Galaxy.
- First R-rated film released by 20th Century Fox since its acquisition by The Walt Disney Company.
- After the shootout in the vet's office, white doves fly around the room. This is an homage/spoof of action director John Woo's movies, which are known to have moments where white doves fly around during big action scenes.
- During their argument inside the sporting goods store, Stu accuses Vic of "avenging". Dave Bautista and Karen Gillan both appeared in the Avengers films in the MCU.
- The movie is considered to be a remake of Taxi (1998).
- In order to avoid being arrested, Stu (Kumail Nanjiani) tells Vic (Dave Bautista) that a white police officer assaulting a brown person would be bad for publicity. Vic replies that he isn't white, and Stu makes multiple guesses about his ethnicity. In reality, Dave Bautista is part Filipino on his father's side.
- Common movie license plate 2GAT123 on the van they hide in toward the end.
- Cinematographer Bobby Shore is listed on the Spinster lease as the landlord.
- Throughout most of the film Stu wears a T-shirt from the St-Viateur Bagel Shop, a well known Montreal Canada bakery open 24/7.
- Walt Disney Studios' film with an R-rating by the Motion Picture Association since The Fifth Estate.
- Stu gets an Uber negative review that refers to Vic (Dave Bautista) as "Andre the Giant". Bautista recently retired as a professional wrestler with the WWE, the promotion that also once had the eighth wonder of the world André the Giant.
- Karen Gillan is in the movie for only 5 minutes.