Trivia for Stuber
Showing all 7 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Dave Bautista and Karen Gillan have appeared in the MCU together via Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) up to Avengers: Endgame (2019). Coincidentally, the 10CC song "I'm Not in Love", which appears on this film's soundtrack, had a resurgence in popularity in 2014 when it appeared as the opening song for the original Guardians of the Galaxy.
- First R-rated film produced by 20th Century Fox since its acquisition by The Walt Disney Company.
- Cameo: 10cc's "I'm Not in Love" makes a cameo playing in the background of Stu's Uber. This song is also featured On Star Lord's Awesome Mix Vol. 2 in Guardians of Galaxy 2 (2017)
- At one point, Stu coerces Amo Cortez into revealing what he knows by taking his phone, hacking his Twitter and posting obsessive comments about Ryan Gosling. Dave Bautista appeared in the opening scene of Blade Runner 2049 (2017) with Ryan Gosling.
- After the shootout in the vet's office, white doves fly around the room. This is an homage/spoof of action director John Woo's movies, which are known to have moments where white doves fly around during big action scenes.
- When Stu finally stands up to Richie, he walks up to him and says "My name is Stu. How do you do?" He says it the exact same way Johnny Cash says a similar line in his song "A Boy Named Sue".
- Stu gets an Uber negative review that refers to Vic (Dave Bautista) as "Andre the Giant". Bautista recently retired a professional wrestler with the WWE, the promotion that also once had the eighth wonder of the world Andre the Giant.