Trivia for Springsteen Fan Event: Blinded By The Light
Showing all 5 items
- Filmed in many locations in and around Luton in the Home Counties UK
- Movie title comes from Springsteen's song "Blinded by the Light", which was made famous by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.
- The movie is inspired by the life of journalist Sarfraz Manzoor and his love of the works of Bruce Springsteen. It is based on Manzoor's memoir "Greetings from Bury Park: Race, Religion and Rock N' Roll".
- Rob Brydon, who plays Matt's Dad, is a Bruce Springsteen fan in real life and in January 2018 surprised regulars at the Half Moon in Putney by singing a version of "Thunder Road" with singer-songwriter Martyn Joseph.
- The song "Blinded by the Light" was originally written and recorded by Bruce Springsteen for his debut album "Greetings from Asbury Park N.J." (1973). Springsteen himself states that the most important lyric of the song is the final line: "Mama told me not to look into the sights of the sun, but mama that's where the fun is."