Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Robert Downey Jr. plays the famous detective in a gritty Guy Ritchie take on Sherlock.
May 29, 2018 Update: Will Farrell and John C. Reilly are bringing Watson and Holmes back to the screen this summer, in what we can only assume will be a much more serious affair, in Holmes and Watson.
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Jude Law
- Rachel McAdams
- Mark Strong
- Eddie Marsan
- Robert Maillet
- Geraldine James
- Kelly Reilly
- William Houston
- Hans Matheson
Did You Know?
- Colin Farrell was in talks to play Watson, before Jude Law was cast.
- A scratch appears on Sherlock's right cheek, then disappears by the next scene.
- Sherlock Holmes: You've never complained about my methods before.
- Dr. John Watson: The dog!
- Sherlock Holmes: Gladstone is our dog!
- Dr. John Watson: I'm not complaining.
- Sherlock Holmes: You're not? What do you call this?
- Dr. John Watson: I never complain! How am I complaining? When do I ever complain about you practicing the violin at three in the morning, or your mess, your general lack of hygiene, or the fact that you steal my clothes?
- Sherlock Holmes: Uh, we have a barter system...
- Dr. John Watson: When have I ever complained about you setting fire to my rooms?
- Sherlock Holmes: Our rooms...
- Dr. John Watson: The rooms! Or, or, the fact that you experiment on my dog?
- Sherlock Holmes: Our dog...
Atom User Reviews
Sherlock Holmes goes wrong in many ways except for one -- at the boxoffice.
In short, Ritchie's come up with precisely what you'd expect of him — a pumped-up, anachronistically modern Sherlock Holmes designed for the ADD crowd. Expect a sequel. Or six.
The less I thought about Sherlock Holmes, the more I liked Sherlock Holmes. Yet another classic hero has been fed into the f/x mill, emerging as a modern superman.