Trivia for Sherlock Holmes 3
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- The choice of Arsene Lupin as an antagonist came from the Maurice Leblanc novel where Sherlock Holmes and Lupin had crossed paths.
- There are strong rumors about Tom Hardy playing a cameo role in this movie.
- Filming almost took place at the end of 2016, but Robert Downey Jr. wasn't able due to his commitment to the Marvel franchise.
- On May 7th, 2018 Warner Bros. Pictures announced that the film would release on December 25th, 2020. However, on March 4th, 2019 the film was pushed back by a year, now scheduled for December 21st, 2021.
- The film will release 10 years after the sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) and 12 years since the first film, Sherlock Holmes (2009).
- Guy Ritchie is not returning to direct the 3rd installment, RocketMan (2019) director Dexter Fletcher is taking over directorial duties.
- Rachel McAdams also starred in Doctor Strange as Benedict Cumberbach's love interest, Benedict was the Sherlock from the BBC series.
- Dexter Fletcher is replacing Guy Ritchie as director of this film. Both of them worked on Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels (1998).
- This is not the only time that James Marsden plays the runner-up in love. He would play a similar role in Superman Returns (2006).
- Gena Rowlands is not known for starring in love stories. Her most memorable role was in Gloria (1980) in which she played an extremely tough and aggressive mob widow on the run. The Notebook shows her gentle and most endearing side.
- It is unlikely that Rachael McAdams will be in the film due to her character's demise in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011).