Trivia for Sherlock Holmes 3
Showing all 9 items
- It is said that the character Sherlock Holmes was going to be called Sherrinford and not Sherlock. It was only because Sir Conan Doyle was a huge fan of cricket and a cricketer bore the name that inspired him to name his character Sherlock.
- The choice of Arsene Lupin as an antagonist came from the Maurice Leblanc novel where Sherlock Holmes and Lupin had crossed paths.
- There are strong rumors about Tom Hardy playing a cameo role in this movie.
- Filming almost took place at the end of 2016, but Robert Downey Jr. wasn't able due to his commitment to the Marvel franchise.
- Between Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) and this film, Robert Downey Jr. has played Iron Man several times. In that role, he has worked with another contemporary Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch, current Watson actor Martin Freeman, and former Watson Ben Kingsley. Jude Law also has a role in the MCU in the upcoming Captain Marvel (2019)
- On May 7th, 2018 Warner Bros. Pictures announced that the film would release on December 25th, 2020. However, on March 4th, 2019 the film was pushed back by a year, now scheduled for December 21st, 2021.
- The film will release 10 years after the sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) and 12 years since the first film, Sherlock Holmes (2009).
- Guy Ritchie is not returning to direct the 3rd installment, RocketMan (2019) director Dexter Fletcher is taking over directorial duties.
- Rachel mcadams also starred in doctor strange as benedict cumberbach's love interest, Benedict was the Sherlock from the bbc series