Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Sean Astin
- Jon Favreau
- Ned Beatty
- Greta Lind
- Scott Benjaminson
- Mary Ann Thebus
- Charles S. Dutton
- Lili Taylor
- Christopher Reed
- Deborah Wittenberg
Did You Know?
- One of only two movies shot on Notre Dame's campus. The other was Knute Rockne All American (1940).
- The Eck tennis pavilion (built in the late 1980s) is visible.
- Steele: Rudy,are you ready for this, champ?
- Rudy: I've been ready for this my whole life!
- Steele: Then you take us out on the field.
Atom User Reviews
Astin's performance is so self-effacing, so focused and low-key, that we lose sight of the underdog formula and begin to focus on this dogged kid who won't quit. And the last big scene is an emotional powerhouse, just the way it's supposed to be.
Unlike The Program, the other current football movie which pales in comparison, Rudy (which spans 1972-'75) is uncompromisingly truthful to its story and characters. Graced with Anspaugh's respect for authenticity, there's not a false note from anyone in the well-chosen cast, which includes Ned Beatty as Rudy's dad, whose disapproval of Rudy's dream is a cautious act of love; Charles S. Dutton as the stadium groundskeeper who offers quiet support; and Jason Miller (The Exorcist) as legendary coach Ara Parseghian, who rewards Rudy's tenacity with a place on the varsity practice squad.