Goofs from Roma
Showing all 14 items
- The cloth's width that an apprentice uses to blindfold Master Zovak (Latin Lover) changes in shots.
- The end of the film takes place in 1971, but Se?ora Sof?a pulls into the driveway in a new Renault compact with a front grill badge logo designed by Op-Art originator Victor Vasarely that was not introduced until the following year, 1972.
- When the boy crashes the window with a stone egg, a car is parked outside. Moments later, the garage is empty as we see the mom entering driving the car.
- Reflection of a few members of the crew is visible during dolly shot as Cleo walks to the movie theater with the family.
- The movie is based on 1970-1971, but when at the Christmas Party at the Ranch (hacienda) the music playing is from Jesuschrist Superstar from 1973.
- When the family arrives at Don Jose's there is a Harley Davidson motorcycle parked with the cars. The motorcycle has front disc brakes, which were not available on Harley Davidson's until 1973.
- Six minutes into the film Cleo gathers some clothes and starts to walk down the stairs. When she gathers them they are jumbled together but as she walks down the stairs the clothes appear to be contained neatly in a pillowcase.
- In the beginning of the film when the family is having dinner. The dinner plates they are using are of the "Flor de Oto?o" pattern manufactured by Santa Anita, they started operations in 1991.
- At the Sylvester Party 1970/1971 the Record Player plays "I don't now how to love him" from "Jesus Christ Superstar". But the premiere of this musical was in October 1971.
- The dining room chairs vary from scene to scene.
- The aircraft reflected in the water at the beginning is an Airbus 340, which was released for commercial use in 1993. There is also a Boeing 767 seen landing near the martial art field which was launched in the early 80s.
- One scene includes a 1974 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon.
- On the scene previous to the attack on the students, the camera travels along several military vehicles, many of them bearing a very contemporary FORD logo on the radiator screen. then slows to show a VW Safari from the right era.
- When Marina pulls in the new car, the concrete arch moldings that she demolished with the Galaxy the day before are intact.