Trivia for Robin Hood
Showing all 13 items
- Jack Huston, Jack Reynor, Dylan O'Brien, and Nicholas Hoult auditioned for Robin Hood before the role went to Taron Egerton.
- Gaite Jansen, Lucy Fry and Gugu Mbatha-Raw were considered for the role of Marian before Eve Hewson was cast.
- Shooting for this film has been postponed so that Taron Egerton could film Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) first. The director wanted Taron Egerton as Robin Hood so much that he decided to postpone filming so that he could still play the title character.
- The Nottingham scenes were filmed in the old town (Stradun) in Dubrovnik, Croatia. This is the same location at the same castle where some episodes of Game of Thrones (2011) and some scenes for Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) were filmed.
- When filming in Dubrovnik (Croatia), Jamie Foxx was having dinner with his friends when two drunk locals approached his table and started throwing racial insults at him. The restaurant manager came, threw the men out and called the police and the two men ended up in jail. Despite this single negative event which showed the good and bad of some local people Jamie Foxx unsurprisingly kept posting on his social media how amazing the country is and how wonderful people there are.
- Columbia Pictures bought the script for their cinematic universe.
- Released 110 years after the first Robin Hood film, Robin Hood and His Merry Men (1908).
- The ancient techniques of speed shooting from the draw hand and the double draw are used by Robin Hood in this movie.
- Released eight years after the last remake of Robin Hood (2010).
- Both Ben Mendelssohn and Eve Hewson have starred in a Steven Spielberg movie. Mendelssohn was in Ready Player One (2018) and Foxx was in Bridge of Spies (2015).
- Both Ben Mendelssohn and Jamie Foxx have starred in a Marvel movie. Mendelssohn was in Robin Hood (2018) and Foxx was in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014).
- YouTube sensation Lars Andersen of Denmark, was hired to teach the cast archery. Lars Andersen was made famous for creating a YouTube video where he showed extraordinary skills with a bow and arrow, giving him the nickname 'real life Legolas' Amongst some of his skills he is able to hit incoming arrows midair, and shoot and hit 3 marks in a single jump from the ground. To increase his speed he uses an ancient technique that requires him to shoot with his draw and not cross the arrow on the bow like modern archers do. This technique is used by Robin in the film.
- Ben Mendelsohn, who plays The Sheriff of Nottingham, was in Quigley Down Under (1990) which featured Alan Rickman, who was known for playing the role of the Sheriff in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991).