Realive (Proyecto Lázaro)
- 1hr 52m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Relying more on existential and philosophical issues than action or cheesy special effects, Realife represents the kind of movie I want to see more of.
Well-acted, it lacks the standout performances or star presences which propelled the tonally-similar Ex Machina to more than cult success. While it will play to fans of cerebral science fiction, it may be less grabby for general audiences.
This stylish chamber piece plays like a cross between Ex Machina and The Tree of Life, mixing a cleverly conceived biotechnical fable with sun-dappled sentimentalism that doesn’t always resonate like it should.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- Oona Chaplin, who plays the character of Naomi, is the granddaughter of legendary actor Charles Chaplin.
- Marc Jarvis: I don't know.
- Marc Jarvis: Life is what's scary. Not death.
- Marc Jarvis: But it's always on the verge of extinction.
- Marc Jarvis: But it exists wherever it shouldn't.
- Marc Jarvis: And the soul, you may ask, what about the soul?
- Marc Jarvis: Well, maybe the soul is the bit that gets lost when you freeze the meat and then thought out again.
- Marc Jarvis: There is only one thing I can see clearly now.
- Marc Jarvis: Life is nothing more than state of matter.
- Marc Jarvis: Like a gas. Or liquid.
- Marc Jarvis: A form of molecular organisation.
- Marc Jarvis: And there's nothing transcendent or devine about it.
- Marc Jarvis: It's only objective is to perpetuate itself through motion, change, adaptation.
- Marc Jarvis: Life isn't worried about any species. Much or less, any individual.
- Marc Jarvis: We are nothing more than the chunks of mud that uses it as a vehicle.