Trivia for Queen & Slim
Showing all 5 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- First feature film to be directed by Melina Matsoukas, who has previously only directed music videos and TV episodes.
- The two main characters are never referred to as "Queen" or "Slim". In fact, including their interactions with each other and other characters, the only times they are referred to by name are in news reports covering the manhunt for them. The news reports only use their given names (Ernest Hines, and Angela Johnson).
- According to the writer, the divergent world views of the two protagonists were based on the differences between Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X.
- Ernest and Angela end up using five different vehicles to reach their destination: Ernest's white sedan, the Kentucky sheriff's Ford F-350 pickup truck, Uncle Earl's vintage aqua muscle car, an aged tan Mercedes station wagon, and the car of the friend of Mr. Shepherd. Their intended sixth vehicle - the plane - never gets to be used. The fates of each vehicle are: 1. Ernest's car: Abandoned in Kentucky. 2. Sheriff's pickup: Torched in New Orleans. 3. Uncle Earl's car: Towed from the Shepherd residence. 4. Mercedes station wagon: Abandoned somewhere around Miami. 5. It can be assumed that the "friend" of Mr. Shepherd retained his car.
- "Doomed" by Moses Sumney plays over the funeral scene at the end.