Trivia for Polaroid
Showing all 12 items
- The movie was filmed in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada, at the Prince Andrew High School.
- This film is based on Lars Klevberg's short film Polaroid (2015).
- The camera used in the movie is a Polaroid SX-70. Whenever it is used in the trailer, the distinctive sound of a charging flashgun is heard, followed by a pop and visible flash when the picture is taken. However, the SX-70 has no flash built in and there is no flash attachment fitted to the camera.
- Mitch Pileggi played Sam and Dean Winchester's maternal grandfather on several episodes of Supernatural (2019), a television show that also involves supernatural phenomena.
- Mitch Pileggi had a long and successful career playing characters on television shows who dabble in the supernatural and paranormal realm. Most notably, he played Walter Skinner on the acclaimed series The X-Files (1993).
- The film was initially going to be released during the summertime on August 25, 2017, but it was pushed to December 1, 2017. Dimension Films then opted for a release date in time for Thanksgiving, debuting on November 22, 2017. Finally, three weeks before the release, Lantern Entertainment (previously known as The Weinstein Company)/Dimension Films put the movie on hold indefinitely due to the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
- Additional photography was filmed in Los Angeles in June of 2017, weeks before the original release date. The movie was then shelved indefinitely.
- The plot of the film is nearly identical to an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1990), titled "The Tale of the Curious Camera."
- The Pentax camera she's using isn't a telephoto, but the digital cut punches in far more than it should.
- Bird was also the name of one of the kids in the Goosebumps episode called "Say cheese and Die"
- The movie is as of 2019 available for purchase on DVD.
- Kathryn Prescott (Bird) is a professional photographer in real life.