Trivia for Playing with Fire
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Nickelodeon Movies' third and last film of 2019, after Wonder Park (2019) and Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019).
- Nickelodeon Movies' last film of the 2010s.
- When asked his thoughts on this film, John Cena stated, "There's poopie stuff in it."
- Shortly after the kids arrive at the depot, Captain says to Axe "Come on, man! I've seen you fight a wolverine!" Tyler Mane, who plays Axe, previously appeared in X-Men (2000) as Sabretooth, Wolverine's arch enemy.
- When asked, John Cena also claimed that there would be soapy stuff in the film, and that kids will laugh because of that and the aforementioned poopie stuff.
- This was the last Paramount Pictures film to use the version of the studio logo with the Viacom byline with Blue Story. The studio's next film, Like a Boss (2020), was the first to use the version of the studio logo with the ViacomCBS byline (nearly the merger with CBS and Viacom).
- Nickelodeon Movies' last film with the 1967 MPAA logo.
- The character of Axe (or the way the character is presented) bears quite a few similarities to the character Grossberger in Stir Crazy (1980), played by the late Erland van Lidth. Like Axe, Grossberger also is a lovable gentle giant, and although everybody is scared of his size and imposing presence, he's actually very protective of those around him. He never speaks in the film (just like the Axe character) and the only time he makes a sound is a scene where he sings with a lovely voice, also exactly like the Axe character. Grossberger also holds the record of "most axe murders in the Southwest", so even the "Axe" moniker is related to him.
- Brianna Hilderbrandt wears a wig for her role as her hair was cut short in her previous role of Deadpool 2.
- Tyler Mane's voice is not heard in the film. Paul Potts provides Axe's singing voice.