Trivia for Paprika (2007)
Showing all 7 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- When Paprika interviews Konakawa in his filmmaker guise, his mannerisms and appearance resemble that of Akira Kurosawa.
- The tall and short bartenders in Paprika's website are voiced by director Satoshi Kon, and the original author of the Paprika novel, Yasutaka Tsutsui, respectively.
- The film takes place in 2012.
- Inception (2010) is inspired by Paprika.
- At the end of the film, when Kogawa Toshimi finally goes to the movies, the camera slowly scrolls over some of the movie posters, the most visible are for Satoshi Kon's previous three movies: Perfect Blue (1997), Millennium Actress (2001), and Tokyo Godfathers (2003).
- At the end of the movie Konakawa is going to see Dreaming Kids. This was going to be Kon's next movie but he passed away before it was completed.
- When Paprika enters Tokita's dream she surf's the sky on a cloud dressed as a warrior. This could be an Easter Egg referring to Son Goku and Kinton cloud, but the additional details of Paprika's crown and staff call to mind the Chinese mythical figure known as Sun Wukong, or the Monkey King.