Trivia for Pain & Glory (Dolor y gloria)
Showing all 6 items
- Julieta Serrano's first collaboration with Pedro Almodóvar in almost thirty years. They had previously worked together on many of his 1980s films: Pepi, Luci, Bom and Other Girls Like Mom (1980), Dark Habits (1983), Matador (1986), Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (1989) and, most famously, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988).
- Pedro Almodóvar's eighth collaboration with Antonio Banderas and his sixth with Penélope Cruz. Pain & Glory (2019) marks his second collaboration with both of them together, the first being I'm So Excited! (2013).
- Inspired by 8½ (1963).
- Eyes Colour of Julieta Serrano are Green but Penélope Cruz have Browns They are young and Old motter of Antonio Banderas in The movie.
- Julieta Serrano and Antonio Banderas already played mother and son, more than 30 years before, in another two movies by Pedro Almodóvar: Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988) and Matador (1986)
- The name of the protagonist, Salvador Mayo, is an anagram of Almodóvar.