Trivia for Pain and Glory
Showing all 11 items
- Julieta Serrano's first collaboration with Pedro Almodóvar in almost thirty years. They had previously worked together on many of his 1980s films: Pepi, Luci, Bom and Other Girls Like Mom (1980), Dark Habits (1983), Matador (1986), Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (1989) and, most famously, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988).
- Pedro Almodóvar's eighth collaboration with Antonio Banderas and his sixth with Penélope Cruz. Pain & Glory (2019) marks his second collaboration with both of them together, the first being I'm So Excited! (2013).
- Inspired by 8½ (1963).
- Eyes Colour of Julieta Serrano are Green but Penélope Cruz have Browns They are young and Old motter of Antonio Banderas in The movie.
- Julieta Serrano and Antonio Banderas already played mother and son, more than 30 years before, in another two movies by Pedro Almodóvar: Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988) and Matador (1986)
- The name of the protagonist, Salvador Mayo, is an anagram of Almodóvar.
- French visa # 149494.
- In this self-referential movie encapsulating the early and later life of its director, "deporting Salvador Mallo" is an anagram of "stalling Pedro Almodóvar".
- Has been selected as the Spanish entry for Best International Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards.
- Film debut of Latin Grammy winner Rosalía. She plays one of Penélope Cruz's friends during the river scene, where she also sings.
- As usual, Agustín Almodóvar, Pedro's brother and producer of the movie, makes a cameo. In this case, as a teacher and priest in a flashback, when Antonio Banderas' character is a small boy.