Quotes from Official Secrets
Showing all 6 items
- [on TV]
- Tony Blair: What we know, is that Saddam has this material.
- Katharine Gun: You don't know that. I mean, he just keeps repeating the lie. Just because you're the Prime Minister, it doesn't mean you get to make up your own facts.
- GCHQ Woman: Someone in this building has betrayed their country. If you are found to have withheld information, you will be charged with a breach of the Official Secrets Act.
- Rear Admiral Nick Wilkinson: I have also always believed that censorship when called for should be based on security issues alone not on whether a news report might embarrass a government.
- Katharine Gun: Governments change. I work for the British people. I gather intelligence so that the government can protect the British people. I do not gather intelligence so that the government can lie to the British people.
- Ben Emmerson: Following orders is not a defense to a war crime.
- Ben Emmerson: Why did you keep her in a state of distress for a year before you brought charges?
- Ken MacDonald: The services wanted to make an example of her. If we dropped the case any earlier, what kind of message would that have sent?