Trivia for Office Christmas Party
Showing all 19 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Both actresses Kate McKinnon and Vanessa Bayer are cast members of Saturday Night Live (1975).
- Fifth collaboration between Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston. They previously starred together in The Break-Up (2006), The Switch (2010), Horrible Bosses (2011), and Horrible Bosses 2 (2014).
- Matt Walsh, Sam Richardson, and Randall Park all appeared on the show Veep (2012).
- This will be the first live-action DreamWorks Pictures release to be distributed by Paramount Pictures since 2012's "A Thousand Words."
- Jamie Chung and T.J. Miller provided the voices for Go-Go and Fred in "Big Hero 6."
- Karan Soni co-starred with T.J. Miller in Deadpool (2016) and with Kate McKinnon in Ghostbusters (2016)..
- While the title of the movie was inspired by an SNL (1975-) skit called "Office Christmas Party", the story itself was an original idea of Josh Gordon & Will Speck.
- At the conclusion of filming in Atlanta, furniture and props from the set were donated to the Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta, a charity that gives away free furniture to people moving into stable housing from homelessness and domestic violence.
- Jason Bateman and T.J. Miller are also in the film "Extract" together . Jason Bateman plays Joel and T.J. Miller plays Rory.
- Olivia Munn and T.J. Miller are both part of the X-Men film series, having both starred in a film each this year. Miller in Deadpool and Munn in X-Men: Apocalypse.
- In the airport scene, Jennifer Aniston can be seen carrying the book "the Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins. Coincidentally, her husband Justin Theroux was in the film version of the same book.
- NBA All-Star Jimmy Butler from the Chicago Bulls was cast in the movie due to his close relationship with actor Mark Wahlberg (who co-started with T.J. Miller in Transformers 4), who thought Butler would be a nice choice given that the setting of the film is Chicago.
- There is a sign on Tracey Hughes' office wall that reads, "The only stupid questions are the ones you ask me before you ask the Web (or any question before my coffee)."
- Second film Jennifer Aniston has done with the word Office in the title. First being Office Space (1999).
- The pimp's car is a modified eighth generation Mitsubishi Galant. T.J. Miller has frequently mentioned buying his father's 1990's Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. It is the only sports car he has ever owned.
- When Carol leaves the airport lounge, she picks up her book. But, as she walks away, the book is still on the arm of the chair.
- In some territories, the film was shown in cinemas with the original title, but sold on DVD and Blu-ray with alternative titles such as "Office Party" or "Dirty Office Party", so it could also be marketed outside the Christmas period.
- Carol and Clay's dad appears twice in two separate photographs shown within the film - one is a portrait hanging in Clay's office and the other is a Polaroid that Clay keeps on him. It is very apparent that Carol and Clay's dad is actually Jason Bateman wearing a wig.
- During the scene where Carol is using her self-defense skills against the guards in the club to get to Clay, Josh mocks the guard saying that Carol is filled with nothing but "Salad and Smart Water" and can still take him down. Jennifer Aniston (who plays Carol in the film) is a spokesperson for Smart Water in real life. This was intentional, as Aniston is a spokesperson for Smart Water.