Trivia for Nobody's Fool
Showing all 13 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- Title changed from "The List" to "Nobody's Fool."
- Tiffany Haddish wears her white halter Alexander McQueen dress for a fifth time in this movie. She wore this dress to the premiere of Girl's Trip, during her Saturday Night Live monologue, and to host the 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards. Wearing it to multiple occasions is an inside joke of Haddish's and she is breaking barriers in fashion to wear the same dress more than once.
- Tyler Perry's third R-rated film.
- The first Tyler Perry film not to be distributed by Lionsgate Films.
- Tiffany Haddish co-stars with her idol Whoopi Goldberg for the first time. When Tiffany watched Jumpin' Jack Flash (1986) as a young girl, she used to fantasize about having Whoopi as her mother and, coincidentally, this is the very relationship they share in this film.
- Amber Riley and Whoopi Goldberg both appeared in Glee
- Whoopi Goldberg and Omari Hardwick both appeared in For Colored Girls
- This is Tyler Perry's first film to be distributed by Paramount Pictures/Viacom Inc.
- Shot in ten days.
- Tiffany Haddish ("Tanya"), Tika Sumpter ("Danica"), Omari Hardwick ("Frank"), Whoopi Goldberg ("Lola"), and Missi Pyle ("Lauren Meadows") have all previously worked with Tyler Perry in some capacity before starring in this film. Haddish had a brief tenure on his television drama "If Loving You is Wrong". Sumpter is a regular cast member on "The Haves and Have Nots" and starred in the film adaptation of "A Madea Christmas". Omari Hardwick and Whoopi Goldberg appeared in "For Colored Girls". Goldberg also made a cameo as herself in the film adaptation of "Madea Goes to Jail". Missi Pyle appeared in David Fincher's "Gone Girl" in which Perry was prominently featured in a major supporting role.
- Chris Rock ("Lawrence"), who is good friends with Perry, is responsible for giving him the idea to make "Boo! A Madea Halloween" after poking fun at Madea in his 2014 film "Top Five".
- Michael Blackson and Chris Rock make cameo appearances. Unlike Blackson whose name is billed in the opening credits, Rock's name is only featured in the end credits.
- During a conversation with Omari's character, Tiffany's character Tanya states her sister was "ghosted" by a guy. Omari stars as Ghost in the TV series Power.