Mirai (Premiere Event)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Rebecca Hall
- Daniel Dae Kim
- John Cho
- Crispin Freeman
- Stephanie Sheh
- Erin Fitzgerald
- Michael Sinterniklaas
- Kôji Yakusho
- Victoria Grace
- Kumiko Asô
Did You Know?
- The name of the sister character is Mirai, which is also the name of Mamoru Hosoda's own daughter.
- Father: I present you your little sister
- Kun-chan: Yes
- Mother: you will protect it?
- Kun-chan: Yes.
- Kun-chan: my little sister ?
- Mother: she's cute ?
- Kun-chan: Oh that!
- Mother: slowly
- Father: she woke up. she looks Kun
- Mother: she does not see well yet
- Father: but it's him she looks
- Mother: will you be nice to her?
Atom User Reviews
A great movie for anyone that has siblings.
Waste of my money for a dull kid's film
The film’s emotional arc is much like that of a child’s temperament: capricious and stubborn, equally prone to flights of whimsy opposite episodes of over-dramatic tantrums. This isn’t a criticism per say, but it’s worth mentioning in light of how this quality of Mirai’s storytelling may frustrate some audiences even as it endears itself to others.
Hosoda has a lovely, light touch and leavens the proceedings with dry, well-observed humor.
The latest anime from Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time) is a beguilingly sweet-natured little gem. The film balances spiralling flights of fancy with glinting observations on parenting and family dynamics.