Trivia for McQueen
Showing all 6 items
- Shows some of the outfits that Lady Gaga wore in the Lady Gaga: Bad Romance (2009) vídeo in the runway show.
- Lee Alexander McQueen, CBE (17 March 1969 - 11 February 2010) was a British fashion designer and couturier. He worked as chief designer at Givenchy from 1996 to 2001, and founded his own Alexander McQueen label in 1992. His achievements in fashion earned him four British Designer of the Year awards (1996, 1997, 2001 and 2003), as well as the CFDA's International Designer of the Year award in 2003. McQueen committed suicide by hanging in 2010, at the age of forty, at his home in Mayfair, London.
- He is nicknamed, because of the sometimes provocative side of some of its collections, the "enfant terrible", and like other creators such as Stella McCartney or Raf Simons, one of the greatest hopes of fashion during his career.
- McQueen was openly gay. He contracted a civil union with his companion George Forsyth in 2000 in Ibiza. It was an unofficial marriage, because in Spain two men could not yet marry each other. The relationship did not last.
- McQueen designed for celebrities like Kate Moss, Sarah Jessica Parker, Victoria Beckham, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katie Holmes, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, Kate Bosworth, Aimee Mullins, Patsy Kensit, Catherine (Kate) Middleton, Mikhail Gorbachev and Charles, Prince of Wales.
- McQueen suffered from depression and was addicted to drugs. He died on February 11, 2010, at the age of forty. The designer, under the influence of drugs, committed suicide by hanging, nine days after the death of his mother to cancer. His death is generally regarded as a great loss to the fashion world.