Mazes and Monsters
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Set your location to find movies & theaters nearby
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Bound together by a desire to play "Mazes and Monsters," Robbie and his three college classmates decide to move the board game into the local legendary cavern.
Did You Know?
- First leading role for Tom Hanks.
- It is unclear when this story actually takes place. During the opening sequence, Robbie Wheeling and his parents drive by a cinema playing 'The Empire Strikes Back' which would place the film in 1980 or 1981. At Jay Jay Brockway's "Brigitte Bardot" party, Jay Jay makes a remark regarding the bottle of wine he is given by Robbie as "1987". Throughout the film, there are numerous signs in the dorm that refer to the year 1982, yet the calendar in Kate Finch's dorm room shows November 1983.
- Daniel: What do you guys think happened?
- Lieutenant John Martini: One of the players Robbie played with got carried away and killed him.
- Daniel: That's kind of far out.
- Lieutenant John Martini: Mazes & Monsters is a far-out game. Swords... poison... spells... battles... maiming... killing!
- Daniel: Hey, it's all imagination!
- Lieutenant John Martini: Is it? I'll be talking to you.
Atom User Reviews
Full Screen Image Viewer