Marvel Studios 10th: Iron Man 2
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Don Cheadle
- Scarlett Johansson
- Sam Rockwell
- Mickey Rourke
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Clark Gregg
- John Slattery
- Garry Shandling
Did You Know?
- To prepare for his role as Ivan Vanko, a.k.a. Whiplash, Mickey Rourke paid a visit to Butyrka Prison, Moscow: "I tried to incorporate the whole Russian philosophy. It's a culture of its own, and I really enjoyed doing the research, and meeting the people, and they were very gracious there at the prison." Rourke also commented that Vanko's dialogue is in a Slovakian accent.
- (at around 45 mins) When Ivan Vanko has dinner with Justin Hammer in the airport hanger the wine and water glasses continually change position and volume.
- Senator Stern: I think we're done with the point that he's making. I don't think there's any reason...
- Tony Stark: The point is you're welcome, I guess.
- Senator Stern: For what?
- Tony Stark: Because I'm your nuclear deterrent. It's working. We're safe. America is secure. You want my property? You can't have it. But I did you a big favor.
- [stands and turns to face the Senate]
- Tony Stark: I've successfully privatized world peace. What more do you want? For now! I tried to play ball with these ass-clowns.
- Senator Stern: ... you, Mr. Stark.
- Senator Stern: ... you, buddy.
Atom User Reviews
Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about Iron Man, a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
The big problem with Iron Man 2, maybe, is that it so dutifully gives the people what they want, instead of giving them what they didn’t know they wanted.
Favreau supplies the go-go-go that makes the movie stratospherically entertaining, even without 3-D. But it's the promiscuously talented Downey who adds the grace notes that make Iron Man 2 something to remember.