Trivia for Ma
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Missi Pyle and Octavia Spencer both guest starred on the show Mom with Alison Janney, who plays the veterinarian.
- Tate Taylor directed Octavia Spencer in her Oscar winning performance in "The Help."
- Tate Taylor previously directed Octavia Spencer and Allison Janney in The Help (2011)
- Obviously no one in this film has heard of the "block number" function on an iPhone. Otherwise she couldn't contact them again. Stupid
- Filmed in February 2018, but not released until 31 May 2019.
- In one scene Erica (Juliette Lewis) mentions that she is having a John Hughes movie marathon. Lewis had a part in a movie written by John Hughes, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) where she played Audrey.
- The sequence involving Sue Ann noticing the porcelain cat statues had been moved, is a homage to a similar sequence in the 1990 film "Misery."
- The role of Sue Ann was originally written for a white actress. Tate Taylor modified the script to better suit an African-American woman after he showed the script to Octavia Spencer and she expressed interest in playing the role. The pair had previously collaborated on "The Help."
- Tate Taylor directed Luke Evans and Allison Janney in The Girl on the Train (2016).
- Body count: 4 (Mercedes, Ben, Dr Brooks, Officer Grainger)
- In the scene where Haley and Maggie are talking in the school parking lot. Haley has a black leather jacket with a flower on the right corner of the collar. Haley is wearing the exact same jacket that Roni (Lana Parrilla) wears in Once Upon a Time season 7.