Trivia for Lucy in the Sky
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Reese Witherspoon replaced Natalie Portman in the lead role but dropped out to focus on season 2 of Big Little Lies (2017). Later, Portman returned in the lead role.
- Original title was Pale Blue Dot.
- Feature film directorial debut of Noah Hawley.
- Retired astronaut Marsha Ivins criticized the premise of the plot and denied that there is such a thing as a "longstanding idea that says astronauts begin to lose their grip on reality after being in space for an extended period of time".
- The film title is most likely a nod to The Beatles song 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' from their infamous 1967 album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.'
- Zazie Beetz also stars in Joker, released the same day as this film.
- Dan Stevens and Pearl Amanda Dickson previously appeared in the Noah Hawley TV series 'Legion'.
- When Lucy goes bowling her ball is blue and green, like planet Earth.
- Noah Hawley had previously worked with Jon Hamm and Dan Stevens on his television series, "Legion" (2017-2019); and with Nick Offerman and Jeffrey Donovan on season 2 of his other series, Fargo (2014-).
- Per Indiewire, the film is "Loosely based on the real-life story of disgraced former astronaut Lisa Nowak, who made headlines when she was arrested in 2007 for the attempted kidnapping of her ex-lover's new girlfriend (the ex was also an astronaut, which only added another layer of nuttiness to the story)."!