Trivia for Lucy in the Sky
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Natalie Portman was considered for the lead role.
- Reese Witherspoon replaced Natalie Portman in the lead role but dropped out to focus on season 2 of Big Little Lies (2017). Later, Portman returned in the lead role.
- Original title was Pale Blue Dot.
- Dan Stevens previously starred in FX's Legion (2017), created by director Noah Hawley.
- Feature film directorial debut of Noah Hawley.
- The film will have its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 11, 2019. It is produced by Fox Searchlight Pictures and is scheduled to be released on October 4, 2019, by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
- Reese Witherspoon was originally cast as Lucy, but dropped out in order to film the second season of Big Little Lies (2017).
- Retired astronaut Marsha Ivins criticized the premise of the plot and denied that there is such a thing as a "longstanding idea that says astronauts begin to lose their grip on reality after being in space for an extended period of time".
- The film title is most likely a nod to The Beatles song 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' from their infamous 1967 album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.'
- Zazie Beetz also stars in Joker, released the same day as this film.
- Per Indiewire, the film is "Loosely based on the real-life story of disgraced former astronaut Lisa Nowak, who made headlines when she was arrested in 2007 for the attempted kidnapping of her ex-lover's new girlfriend (the ex was also an astronaut, which only added another layer of nuttiness to the story)."!