Trivia for Long Shot
Showing all 16 items
- Charlize Theron starred in Atomic Blonde (2017) which co-starred Bill Skarsgard, Alexander's younger brother.
- This is the fifth film collaboration between Seth Rogen and Randall Park, following Neighbors, The Interview, The Night Before and The Disaster Artist although the majority of these films, Rogen & Park don't appear onscreen together.
- Charlize Theron, Seth Rogen and Bob Odenkirk all appeared in different seasons of Arrested Development. Odenkirk for one episode, as Lindsay & Tobias' marriage counsellor, in Season 1, Theron as Michael Bluth's love interest in Season 3 and Seth Rogen as a young George Bluth in Season 4.
- The actors who play the stars, have a true age difference of 7 years ; which is plausible for baby-sitting.
- Seth Rogen was previously in 22 Jump Street (2014) with Ice Cube, the father of O'Shea Jackson Jr.
- A picture of Jennifer Lawrence is shown as a comparison to Charlotte. Charlize Theron and Lawrence were both in The Burning Plain (2008) where they played older and younger versions of the same character.
- A reference is made to Black Panther (2018), a film that Andy Serkis is in.
- Jennifer Aniston is mentioned in dialogue as having been a TV star before movies. Lisa Kudrow was her co-star in that TV show (Friends).
- Jason Mantzoukas does not have a role in this movie.
- The light blue retro sports jacket Seth Rogen is wears in the movie, was used in the 80's by a Belgian athletics club. Written on the jacket is "Looise A.V." which means Looise Atletiek Vereniging. They were sponsored by ASLK, a Belgian bank that no longer exists.
- Seth Rogen and O'Shea Jackson, Jr. play college roommates. In real life, Rogen is nine years older than Jackson.
- Eric Eisenberg reported on Cinemablend that during the Los Angeles press day for Long Shot, the movie's director, Jonathan Levine, and its stars, Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen, all related that after Andy Serkis accepted the role of Parker Wembley, he then developed a extensive prosthetic makeup design for the character--a makeup regimen that required hours a day to execute--even though nobody asked him to do that. Rogen remembered, "we offered him the role, and then he was like, 'Okay.' And then he started sending ideas for what he would look like. And we were like, 'What do you mean? I thought he kind of looked a lot like Andy Serkis.' But he was like, 'No, I got this whole thing.' And we were like, 'Whatever, man!'"
- Fred comments that Charlotte ran for student council in 1991, when she has 16 and he was 13. Based on this, Charlotte is now 44, and Fred 41. During filming, Charlize was 41 and Seth was 35.
- Paul Scheer's newscaster character makes a comment about not wanting his wife to be a female president. In real life, he is married to June Diane Raphael, who plays Maggie in this film.
- There are several discussions of it being rare for actors to successfully transition from TV to films. Seth Rogen himself did a very mild variation of this: his first role was in Freaks and Geeks.
- The Philippine movie poster of Long Shot has Rizal Park at the background.