Trivia for Little
Showing all 11 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Regina Hall previously worked with Issa Rae on The Hate U Give (2018) and Insecure, and with Marsai Martin on Black-ish (2014).
- Regina Hall was one of the main characters on the fake show-within-a-show Due North (2017) that the characters of Insecure (2016) watched on tv. Issa Rae produces and stars in Insecure. She also produced Due North.
- Marsai Martin came up with the idea for the movie Little.
- Issa Rae previously portrayed a character named April in The Hate U Give (2018).
- This is Universal Pictures' first 1.85:1 production since Pitch Perfect 3 (2017).
- Marsai Martin not only pitched the movie, but was one of the Executive Producers.
- When Jordan makes her entrance at the office building, there is a clear parallel between a similar scene in The Devil Wears Prada. The same score from that scene can also be heard in this scene.
- The teacher at Jordan's school shares a name with director Garry Marshall. Garry Marshall's sister, Penny Marshall, directed Big (1988), with which this movie has a similar premise.
- Actor Tone Bell told podcast Keith and the Girl that production often paused mid-take when the freight train would sound its horn outside the office set. The actors would have to restart.
- Actor Tone Bell told podcast Keith and the Girl that after filming he was forced to undergo surgery to resolve a partial retina detachment. Producers contacted him for reshoots in early 2019 but because of his recent surgery he was unable to fly to the set. So instead, he took a train three-and-a-half days to Atlanta to appear in his scenes.
- Tracee Ellis Ross voiced Homegirl in the movie she also plays Marsai Martin's mother on Black-ish.