- 1hr 58m
- 1hr 58m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
This multi-generational love story centers on Oscar Isaac wooing the heck out of Olivia Wilde (and the rest of us by association!) as they go from young college students to married and expecting a child. But their story isn’t theirs alone, and the film explores the way certain events shape us, connect us, reverberate across continents and echo through lifetimes. Written and directed by Dan Fogelman (This Is Us), the film also stars Antonio Banderas, Annette Bening, Olivia Cooke, Sergio Peris- Mencheta, Laia Costa, Alex Monner, Jean Smart, and Mandy Patinkin.
- Olivia Cooke
- Oscar Isaac
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Olivia Wilde
- Antonio Banderas
- Mandy Patinkin
- Annette Bening
- Laia Costa
- Caitlin Carmichael
- Fernanda Andrade
Did You Know?
- Listed on the 2016 "Blacklist" a list of the best unproduced scripts of the year.
- The entire film, despite covering four generations of people, all seems to take place in the present day. There's nothing to differentiate the varied time periods.
- [from trailer]
- Abby: You ever gonna ask me out, Will?
- Will: I'm just waiting for the right moment.
- Abby: That's good to know. All right. I'll see you around.
- [gets up]
- [before she walks away]
- Will: Abby, I'm waiting for the right moment cause when I ask you out, there's not gonna be any turning back for me. I'm not gonna date anybody else for the rest of my life. I'm not gonna love anybody else for the rest of my life. I'm not gonna really care about anything else for the rest of my life. I'm waiting for the right moment, Abby 'cause when I ask you out, it's gonna be the most important moment of my life. And I just wanna make sure that I get it right.
Atom User Reviews
Loved it! Different to what I expected from the trailer but a touching & emotional film. Cast & direction were great!
A tour-de-force. One hell of a cathartic experience about this crazy thing we call life
The commitment of its all-star cast — which includes Oscar Isaac, Annette Bening, Mandy Patinkin, Antonio Banderas, Olivia Wilde, Olivia Cooke, and Samuel L. Jackson — can’t divert from the fact that its quills droop and sag, where they haven’t fallen off altogether. Behold the other North American flightless turkey.
Some of the wit and emotion strikes home and the longer we spend with individual characters the more their story resonates.
It’s contrived at every turn and talky like a French film, though 100 percent American indie in its earnest conviction that it’s saying something of substance about the unpredictable roller coaster of life and love.