- 1hr 38m
- 1hr 38m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- The screenplay for this film was featured in the 2014 Blacklist; a list of the "most liked" unmade scripts of the year.
- LBJ takes a large carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream to bed, a product which was invented in 1978.
- Walter Jenkins: There's just no power in the vice presidency.
- Lyndon B. Johnson: Walter, how long you been with me?
- Walter Jenkins: 21 years.
- Lyndon B. Johnson: And in 21 years, can you think of a time that I have taken over a new office, and not made it 100 times more powerful than when I got there?
- Walter Jenkins: No, sir.
- Lyndon B. Johnson: Power is where power goes.
Atom User Reviews
A much needed reminder of what good foundation out country was built on a great President who truly understood the mantle of the office#Relevant
As a primer on one of history’s less flashy leaders, it’s a worthwhile watch — mostly for fellow Texan Woody Harrelson’s committed performance behind those prosthetic ears.
Rob Reiner’s LBJ is an often pedestrian, sometimes punchy, well-acted biopic that gives the mightily capable Woody Harrelson the reins of the country’s 36th commander in chief.
It’s a well-calibrated performance, with Harrelson convincingly conveying how Lyndon Johnson felt the weight of the world on his shoulders and took on that challenge in mostly admirable ways.