Goofs from Knives Out - Early Access
Showing all 14 items
Jump to: Spoilers (6)
- The seal on the front of the medical lab and "the letter" are identified as being in/from Norfolk county Massachusetts. But the letterhead names the town as Marlborough, which is in Middlesex county.
- During the porch scene, Blanc and the cops' breaths are visible, implying it's a cold day, but Marta's is not, which would seem to suggest her coverage was shot on another, warmer day.
- When Marta goes over Mr. Thrombey's drug regimen, she states that he injured his shoulder about a week ago. Therefore, she is giving him 100 mg of Toradol followed by 3 mg of Morphine for sleep. Toradol is only given in doses of 15 mg/ml or 30 mg/ml. In addition, one isn't supposed to give more than 60 mg/ml in a single dose. In addition, it should only be given for five days or less.
- Marte tells Harlan that the overdose of morphine is fatal. It is not and would require her to administer breathing support (CPR) until first responders arrive. Later, we see her give CPR to Fran, who has been injected with an overdose of the same drug.
- Marte realizes that she has accidentally given Harlan 100mg of morphine, yet the bottled is labeled as 5mg/cc, and it is a10mg bottle, therefore the most she could have given was 50mg. The lowest concentration of ketorolac is 15mg/cc,and that one cc is the complete IV dose for an 85 year old, so how can such a mistake ever occur?
- Blanc refers to Marte as an excellent nurse , yet she administers medications without reading the labels, gave incorrect doses based upon the concentration on the bottle, gave the ketorolac by IV bolus instead of slow drip, and gave an 85 year old an IV narcotic push with no monitoring. She then failed to recognize that a patient given 100mg of IV push morphine would not be awake, cognizant, and creating a complex cover-up scheme. She then proceeded to tell the patient that she had given a massive morphine overdose to that he would die, instead of providing CPR and calling 911. She was perhaps the most incompetent nurse ever, yet Blanc is proud of his keen powers of observation and deduction.
- At the start of the reading of the will, the attorney states that a new will was written by Harlen Thromby a week ago and was not filed with Probate Court at that time. In Massachusetts, the will is a confidential document of the testator (Harlan) until he dies, and is not filed until after death, and cannot be made public until it is accepted by the Registrar or the Court.
- When Marta drops the mail on the table, there is a collection of loose business cards on top of the pile. However, when she reaches for the unmarked envelope a few moments later, the cards are gone and the unmarked envelope is on top.
- Hugh meets Fran at 1209 Columbia at her appointed time, 8am. That's when he injects her with a deadly dose of morphine. When Marta meets at 1209 Columbia, her appointed time is 10am. According to Marta and Harlan's conversation, Fran should have died within 10 minutes of her injection, but when Marta arrives at 10am, Fran is still alive.
- When Marta throws up on Ransom near the end covering him with vomit, he somehow comes out to police cars completely clean.
- When Marta throws up on Ransom, he has his entire face dripping from her vomit. When he stabs her, it's all gone and is completely removed when he is arrested.
- Marta purposefully sinks her white sneakers deeply in the mud, repeatedly, but immediately after, her sneakers are completely clean again.
- Ransom injects Fran with morphine from the vial in Marta's medical bag. He previously switched the medications so the vial labeled "morphine" contains Harlan's pain medication, not morphine.
- To remove recorded video surveillance evidence, Marta Cabrera (Ana de Armas) uses a fridge magnet to quickly and successfully erase a VHS video cassette tape. However it is never ever possible to erase a VHS video cassette tape by using only a fridge magnet. You can only erase VHS video cassette tapes by using a $100.00 mains powered heavy duty video degausser, purchased from a specialist electronic parts/service center. In sixty seconds, these devices send a strong powerful electromagnetic field through both sides of the VHS video cassette. Obliterating the existing magnetic recording, these devices quickly un-record the entire VHS video cassette tape.