Trivia for Kalank
Showing all 24 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Sridevi has passed away before production started.
- Sridevi was the first choice for Madhuri Dixit role opposite Sanjay Dutt they were to start in a film 25 years after Gumrah 1993.But due to her sudden death Madhuri Dixit was roped in .
- When the film was announced Madhuri Dixit's named surrounded for the lead.Sridevi was later confirmed but she passed away before the shoot could began.Later Juhi Chawla's name was surrounded to replace late Sridevi.Finally Madhuri Dixit was finalized.
- Karan Johar at one point had decided to shelve the film after Sridevi's death.
- Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit will be paired opposite each other after 21 years since Mahaanta 1996.
- Jhanvi Kapoor daughter of Sridevi broke the news on twitter that Madhuri Dixit has replaced her late mother Sridevi in the film and thanked the actress for taking up the role which was offered to her late mother.
- Madhuri Dixit's first film with Karan Johar and Dharma Productions.
- Sridevi had signed the film after success of Mom 2017.She was to start shooting for the film by April 2018.But passed away on 24th February 2018.
- Manish Malhotra will be designing for the whole cast.
- Karan Johar approached Sridevi to star in the film a week after signing her daughter Jhanvi for her debut film Dhadak.
- Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Dutt will be working together 21 years after Mahaanta 1997.
- Film was earlier titled Shiddat when it was announced.
- When Madhuri Dixit was signed for the film.Sanjay Dutt had almost opted out and Anil Kapoor was to be roped in.Few days later Sanjay Dutt joined the cast again.
- A dream project of Karan Johar as the idea of the film was by his late Yash Johar and Karan Johar 15 years before it went on floors.
- On 26th birthday of Alia Bhatt her solo poster was released with her look in the film on 15 March 2019.
- Kalank was a title registered with Dharma Productions for years. They first wanted to use the title for the film "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna". But later decided not to. Then the film "Kurbaan" was initially titled "Kalank". That is when Sanjay Dutt and Shah Rukh Khan were approached for the film. The title was finally used for this film.
- Karan Johar wanted to direct the film in 2003. But after his fathers death, he did not have the courage and emotional strength. Speculation was that Shah Rukh Khan,Ajay Devgan and Kajol were signed. After the film was shelved, Karan would repeatedly use the title "Kalank" for various films while they were in production.
- Madhuri Dixit had personally recommended Saroj Khan to choreograph the song Tabha Ho Gaye.
- Ealeeir rumored Alia Bhatt was to play younger version of Madhuri Dixit and would have no scenes together.
- Film released on 17th April 2019 two days before it's schedule date 19th April 2019.As it was a longer weekend with Good Friday and Hanuman Jayanti.
- Sanjay Dutt worked in a film of Sajid Nadiadwala after 24 years since Andolan 1995.
- This film was the dream project of Yash Johar. Karan Johar consider his luck that he did not direct this film as he couldn't have tolerated film's failure on box office
- Karan Johar said in a interview when Sridevi was part of the film she had suggested some changes to the film.Karan Johar said if he had made those changes while shooting the film could have been a hit.
- Kunal Khemu's first negative role.