Julie & Julia
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
- A woman cooks and blogs her way through a cookbook in this trailer (02:26)
- Interview: Meryl Streep "On who Julia Child was" (00:26)
Movie Info & Cast
- Meryl Streep
- Amy Adams
- Stanley Tucci
- Chris Messina
- Linda Emond
- Helen Carey
- Mary Lynn Rajskub
- Jane Lynch
- Joan Juliet Buck
- Crystal McCreary
Did You Know?
- Because of Meryl Streep's height (5'6") several camera/set/costume tricks had to be employed to mimic Julia Child's height (6'2"). Countertops were lowered, Streep wore extra high heels, and forced perspective camera angles were used.
- When cooking Julia Child's classic boeuf bourguignon, Julie Powell uses a Bordeaux or Bordeaux style wine rather than the burgundy or burgundy style wine (Pinot Noir) called for in all beef bourguignon recipes (including Child's).
- Julie Powell: I love you, Julia.
Atom User Reviews
As enjoyable as this foodie movie is, you wish it would take a deeper, more nuanced measure of the women who, in two different eras, star in the movie's kitchens.
Even if you don't give a shiitake mushroom about food, there's much to savor in this lively comedy with dramatic aftertastes.
Meryl Streep -- at her brilliant, beguiling best -- is the spice that does the trick for the yummy Julie Julia.