Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
- 1600 Village Market Boulevard, Leesburg, VA
- 6201 Multiplex Drive, Centreville, VA
- 7101 Democracy Boulevard, Bethesda, MD
- 2150 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA
- 206 Swamp Fox Rd., Alexandria, VA
- 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA
- 10659 Braddock Road, Fairfax, VA
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Joaquin Phoenix
- Robert De Niro
- Zazie Beetz
- Frances Conroy
- Brett Cullen
- Shea Whigham
- Bill Camp
- Glenn Fleshler
- Leigh Gill
- Josh Pais
Did You Know?
- This is an origin story.
- In the scene when multiple TV screens are shown after Arthur kills Murray Franklin, one of the screens plays a TV commercial featuring the Energizer Bunny. The film takes place in 1981, but the Energizer Bunny was not introduced until 1988.
- Arthur Fleck: Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?
Atom User Reviews
Amazing transformation. Jaquine is amazing. Just give him the Oscar now.
Joaquin Phoenix was an amazing actor for this role. The emotions, and everything behind his role was so intense. Hands down. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Good or bad, it’s undeniably one of the most depressing comic-book movies ever made. (It’s also got one of the most depressing comic-book movie scores, an endless dirge of droning strings by Hildur Guðnadóttir.) The calls from some corners to ban the film because it could incite violence give the movie too much credit. It’s not irresponsible. It’s just immature.
An iconic comic-book villain gets an appropriately epic origin story in Joker, which allows Joaquin Phoenix’s raw talent its grandest stage yet.
This is Phoenix's film, and he inhabits it with an insanity by turns pitiful and fearsome in an out-there performance that's no laughing matter. Not to discredit the imaginative vision of the writer-director, his co-scripter and invaluable tech and design teams, but Phoenix is the prime force that makes Joker such a distinctively edgy entry in the Hollywood comics industrial complex.