Iron Man 2
- 2hr 4m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Intimacy has vanished from the relationship between Tony and Pepper, and grace has been stricken from the movie as a whole.
At its best, it's shaggily enjoyable and enjoyably shaggy. It's like steroids on steroids with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, disarming arms industrialist, tossing off one-liners like comic grenades.
Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about Iron Man, a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Don Cheadle
- Scarlett Johansson
- Sam Rockwell
- Mickey Rourke
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Clark Gregg
- John Slattery
- Garry Shandling
Did You Know?
- To prepare for his role as Ivan Vanko, a.k.a. Whiplash, Mickey Rourke paid a visit to Butyrka Prison, Moscow: "I tried to incorporate the whole Russian philosophy. It's a culture of its own, and I really enjoyed doing the research, and meeting the people, and they were very gracious there at the prison." Rourke also commented that Vanko's dialogue is in a Slovakian accent.
- (at around 45 mins) When Ivan Vanko has dinner with Justin Hammer in the airport hanger the wine and water glasses continually change position and volume.
- Senator Stern: I think we're done with the point that he's making. I don't think there's any reason...
- Tony Stark: The point is you're welcome, I guess.
- Senator Stern: For what?
- Tony Stark: Because I'm your nuclear deterrent. It's working. We're safe. America is secure. You want my property? You can't have it. But I did you a big favor.
- [stands and turns to face the Senate]
- Tony Stark: I've successfully privatized world peace. What more do you want? For now! I tried to play ball with these ass-clowns.
- Senator Stern: ... you, Mr. Stark.
- Senator Stern: ... you, buddy.