Trivia for Her Smell
Showing all 7 items
- Ashley Benson and Cara Delevingne fell in love whilst working on this movie together.
- The film premiered at TIFF (Toronto international Film Festival) in Canada in September 2018.
- During a Q&A at the 2018 New York Film Festival, Alex Ross Perry cited Axl Rose as the main inspiration for the character of Becky. Perry also cited the screenplay structure for Steve Jobs (2015), with its lengthy scenes that span over time, as an influence.
- Elisabeth Moss spent three months learning to play guitar before filming began.
- In an interview on National Public Radio, Elisabeth Moss said that none of the film is improvised; despite the fact that some of her dialog feels spur-of-the-moment, even nonsensical, Moss said that everything she says on screen was on the page, and that it was the hardest dialogue she'd ever had to memorize.
- Marc Maron was asked to audition for the role of manager and record company exec Howard Goodman. The part went to Eric Stoltz, of whom Maron said on episode 1,037 of his "WTF" podcast: "I think he did a very good job."
- The Phantom of the Opera T shirt that Becky wears in one of the scenes is an intentional tribute to the musical, which director Alex Ross Perry had just seen for the second time. He said it "changed my life" and that Becky was "just like this monster that lives in the bowels of people's imagination, creates music, and then kind of wreaks havoc on people. "