Hell or High Water
- 1hr 42m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
starts slow but picks up. good afternoon movie.
Best small movie I've seen in years
And Bridges? What's there to say about a man who makes it look so easy, and who - in one breathless, pivotal scene - runs through a range of emotion like a wild pony running across the land. Genius, any way you look at it.
By turns funny, elegiac and thrilling, it’s a tale of brotherhood and family that takes in the harsh beauty of the land, the elusive nature of right and wrong and the quirky delights of human connections in a time of bewildering change.
As much as all four men are familiar types, the director, writer and actors imbue them with humanity, steering their arcs through tense action — including a nice throwback Western shootout on rocky terrain — to a quietly moving conclusion.
Movie Info & Cast
- Chris Pine
- Ben Foster
- Jeff Bridges
- Gil Birmingham
Did You Know?
- Parts of Comancheria (the film's original title) are being filmed in Clovis, NM, with residents of the city being used as extras.
- Though the movie is set in West Texas, the first two bank robberies supposedly take place in Archer City and Olney, Texas, which would be considered North Texas.
- Toby Howard: You got a gun on you, old man?
- Old Man: You're damn right I got a gun on me. Y'all going to steal my gun too?
- Toby Howard: We ain't stealing from you. We're stealing from the bank.