Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
- 43751 Central Station Drive, Ashburn, VA
- 1600 Village Market Boulevard, Leesburg, VA
- 13025 Worldgate Drive, Herndon, VA
- 11940 Market Street, Reston, VA
- 5300 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington, DC
- 11160 North Viers Mill Road, Wheaton, MD
- 2150 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA
- 2772 South Randolph St., Arlington, VA
- 206 Swamp Fox Rd., Alexandria, VA
- 4001 Powder Mill Rd., Beltsville, MD
- 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA
- 6198 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt, MD
- 45980 Regal Plaza, Sterling, VA
- 20000 Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD
- 11380 Bulloch Drive, Manassas, VA
- 199 East Montgomery Avenue, Rockville, MD
- 9650 Main St, Fairfax, VA
- 2911 District Ave, Fairfax, VA
- 11830 Grand Park Avenue, North Bethesda, MD
- 8001 Gateway Promenade Place, Gainesville, VA
- 5612 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Cynthia Erivo
- Leslie Odom Jr.
- Joe Alwyn
- Clarke Peters
- Vanessa Bell Calloway
- Omar J. Dorsey
- Henry Hunter Hall
- Tim Guinee
- Nick Basta
- Joseph Lee Anderson
Did You Know?
- Both Cynthia Erivo and Leslie Odom Jr. have worked with Daisy Ridley. Erivo worked with her on Chaos Walking (2019) and Odom worked with her on Murder on the Orient Express (2017).
- At one point Harriet is giving instructions to some of her charges and they respond "Okay". Well according the OED that term didn't come along until the early 20th century.
- Harriet: I'm gonna be free or die.
Atom User Reviews
full of love sadness, betrayal, Loss, strength, perseverance, faith, family, the treatment of slaves, the power white men had over black people, the suffering perseverance.. a wonderful movie for children to see and learn and adults to never forget.
This is an incredible movie you leave feeling so inspired about the power of what one individual can do. Amazing, great acting,
Despite Erivo's tenacity in the role, the drama feels more stately and impressive than urgent and affecting. It's never uninvolving though, and the script does a solid job of tracing the formation of a courageous freedom fighter out of a scared runaway.
A thoughtful biopic that grows more involving the more it shrugs off its tendency towards the reverential.
A disappointingly standard biopic, one whose technical flaws and paint-by-numbers clichés threaten to overshadow its subject’s compelling story.