Trivia for Harriet
Showing all 11 items
- Both Cynthia Erivo and Leslie Odom Jr. have worked with Daisy Ridley. Erivo worked with her on Chaos Walking (2019) and Odom worked with her on Murder on the Orient Express (2017).
- Both Vondie Curtis-Hall and Vanessa Bell Calloway were in Coming to America (1988).
- This is Kasi Lemmons and Vondie Curtis-Hall's latest collaboration since they first worked together on Gridlock'd (1997).
- Cynthia Erivo and Leslie Odom Jr both won Tony's for Lead Actress and Lead Actor in a Musical in 2016 for The Color Purple and Hamilton.
- Cynthia Erivo's first leading role.
- Harriet Tubman stood at 5 feet tall, Cynthia Erivo is 5 foot 1 standing just 1 inch taller than Harriet.
- This is the first feature film to be made about the life of Harriet Tubman.
- Harriet really did experience visions as is depicted in the film, many historians claim that this is likely due to a head injury she received in her youth.
- The script was originally written and owned by Disney but they refused to make the film, the film only was able to get made once Disney relinquished the rights to the script.
- The success of 12 Years a Slave and Hidden Figures proved slave films and films with black female leads could be successful causing Harriet to finally get made.
- Both Federick Douglas and John Brown, who Harriet Tubman is known to have collaborated with, make appearances in the movie but without speaking roles. They are simply figures in the background.