Trivia for Gully Boy
Showing all 35 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- It was originally rumored that Saif Ali Khan's daughter Sara Ali Khan would make her debut with this film. However the rumors were rebuffed by Sara's mother, Amrita Singh.
- The move is based on members of the rap group called gully gang which Naezy & Divine
- This is the first movie to feature Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh together on screen
- The first Bollywood film to be based on rappers.
- Selected for berlin film festival for special gala screening.
- Zoya Akhtar's first film with Alia Bhatt and second with Ranveer Singh, after Dil Dhadakne Do.
- The first look official poster of the film released on 1st January 2018. It also gives the valentines day release date.
- The movie is based on the life of rap artists Naved Shaikh (Naezy) and Vivian Fernandes (Divine).
- This is the only film to be based on Indian Rap Culture.
- this is first movie to feature ranveer singh and vijay raj on screen
- All other rappers during the battle scenes are real rappers from the Indian Rap World and not actors.
- Debut of actor Siddhant Chaturvedi.
- In an interview, Siddhant Chaturvedi revealed that Zoya Akhtar called him for the audition after noticing him in a party.
- Mother and Daughter Amruta Subhash and Jyothi Subash act together for the first time in Hindi film.They are known to act together in Marathi films.Amruta Subash plays daughter in law to Jyothi Subash.
- Amruta Subash playing mother to Ranveer Singh is only 7 years younger to him.
- Film was shot in slum areas of Dharavi in Mumbai where a huge set of slum was erected on an open ground.
- Film inspired by the lives of street rappers Divine and Naezy.
- Principal photography for Gully Boy began in January 2018 and wrapped up in April 2018.
- It premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival on 9 February 2019, and was released theatrically on 14 February 2019 to positive reviews from critics.
- It earned over 171 crore rupees (USD 24 million) worldwide against a production budget of 40 crore rupees (USD 5.6 million).
- Akthar has co-opted the story of two Mumbai based MC's, Naezy and Divine , into a musical story potraying a struggle of aspiring rapper and his surroundings that influences his journey.
- The soundtrack is composed, and performed by a myriad of Indian musicians, MCs, and producers, such as Divine , Naezy, Sez on the beat, Rishi Rich, Dub Sharma, Jasleen Royal , Ace, Ishq Bector , MC Altaf, MC TodFod, 100 RBH, Maharya, Noxious D, Viveick Rajagopalan, and others.
- Gully Boy was confirmed to be releasing on 14 February 2019 by Alia Bhatt.
- The first look official poster of the film released on 1 January 2019 and reconfirmed the release date to be 14 February 2019.
- Two new theatrical posters revealing looks of lead actors of the film unveiled for the public on 2 January 2019.
- The Trailer Announcement was made on 4 January 2019 with a small teaser in which Ranveer Singh is seen rapping.
- The official trailer of the film was released on 9 January 2019.
- The film has been selected in Berlinale Special section of 69th Berlin International Film Festival .
- The film has been selected in Berlinale Special section of 69th Berlin International Film Festival . The film was screened on 9 February 2019 for its world premiere at the festival.
- It was released in India on 14 February 2019 on 3350 screens and in overseas market on 751 screens making worldwide count of 4101 screens.
- While on ground Murad's friend Moeen said him Salim Shady, which is a play on Eminem's nick name slim shady. Salim is a Muslim name.
- The night out graffiti scene makes social commentary on anthropogenic impact on the environment, bias towards fair skin, basic needs, consumerism and unrealistic female body shapes.
- While practicing on ipad Murad uses strainer as a improvise pop filter which helps to block popping sound made by fast moving air.
- Quite similar style with '8 mile' a movie on Eminem.
- Divine makes an appearance in the song Apna Time Aaega in the climax.