Good Morning Vietnam
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Robin Williams
- Forest Whitaker
- Tung Thanh Tran
- Chintara Sukapatana
- Bruno Kirby
- Robert Wuhl
- J.T. Walsh
- Noble Willingham
- Richard Edson
- Juney Smith
Did You Know?
- As Adrian chases Tuan through the alley, the background music is actually a cut from Alex North's unused score for 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).
- In the opening scene when Garlic is driving Cronauer through the city, they pass through a major intersection. A 1971 Holden motor car is clearly visible 6 years prior to its release.
- Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?
- Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.
- Dickerson: That is humor. I recognize that. I also recognize your brand of soldier.
Atom User Reviews
Good Morning, Vietnam works as straight comedy and as a Vietnam-era MASH, and even the movie’s love story has its own bittersweet integrity.
All the film's energy, and most of its appeal, lie in the scenes in which Williams is talking to his audience, the most singular captive audience in Top 40 history. These moments do ring true, and they have a fine humanity to them. [15 Jan 1988, p.C1]
The first comedy about that war, Good Morning, Vietnam manages to be uproariously funny without ignoring or trivializing the tragedy. It's awkwardly contrived here and there, especially during its recon patrols into Vietnamese life, but for the most part Mitch Markowitz's skeletal script is smart enough to dig in, hunker down and stay out of Robin Williams' line of fire. [22 Dec 1987]