Trivia for Gold (Hindi)
Showing all 34 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- The Bradford Bulls rugby league stadium in Odsal, Bradford, West Yorkshire, doubled for London's Wembley Stadium for the shooting of the Olympics hockey final.
- The speech delivered by Rory Kinnear as Henry Hunt, at the London meeting, was written by Kinnear himself.
- It was rumoured to be a biopic based on the life of hockey player Balbir Singh Sr., who was on the team that won the first Olympic medal for India as a free nation in 1948.
- While shooting for the film in London Akshay Kumar came to cheer up the Indian Women's cricket team who were playing world cup final's against England.
- Akshay Kumar and Reema Kagti team up for first time.
- This is the 1st Akshay Kumar's film to do over 20cr Nett in India on the Opening Day. The Opening Day Domestic (India) Nett of this film is around 25.3cr.
- Atul Kale gets if first full fledged role in Hindi film.Earlier he worked in Vaaastav 1999 as one of Sanjay Dutt's friend and Dear Zindagi 2016 as Alia Bhatt's father in a short role.
- While shooting the song Chad Gayi Hai.Akshay Kumar played a prank on everyone by hiding everyone's shoes.
- Indian Hockey Player Yuvraj Valmiki trained some actors for the film.
- Yuvraj Valmiki while training for the film also recommend his cousin Vinay Valmiki for the film .Who plays for Mumbai Central Railway and Mumbai Customs.He took a break from his game to shoot for the film.
- Reema Kagti's comeback film after 6 years.Last film she directed was Talaash 2012.
- Arjuna Award winner and former Indian national hockey team captain, Sandeep Singh also trained some actors.
- Film released along with John Abraham's Satya Mev Jayante on 15 August 2018.Thou Gold being a big film faced tough competition at box office with Satya Mev Jayante due to its strong content.
- First leading role of Mouni Roy.After she got appreciated for her performance in television series Nagin as a lead.Earlier she had worked in Run 2004 and Tum Bin 2 2016 as a dancer.
- During the start of the film a Hockey match takes place between India and Germany where German dictator Adolf Hitler is shown as a fictional character who comes to watch the match.
- Akshay Kumar's fifth release during Indian Independence Day week.Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Dobara 2013,Brothers 2015,Rustom 2016,Toilet Ek Prem Katha 2017 and Gold 2018. Entertainment (2014) released a week before 15 August.
- The movie became the first Bollywood film ever to release in Saudi Arabia.
- The official announcement of the film was made in October 2016 by lead actor Akshay Kumar.
- The Arjuna Award winner and former Indian national hockey team captain, Sandeep Singh, was signed to train the actors to improve their hockey skills.
- Major shooting was done in Yorkshire and The Midlands, England.
- Director Reema Kagti said, "It's a fictional take on what happened. Also, it is not just the golden victory in 1948 we will be looking at, but it will encompass 12 crucial years in India's history."
- The Principal photography of the film began on 1 July 2017 in Bradford, England.
- After finishing the England schedule, the production team of Gold moved to Punjab in September 2017 for its second schedule in which shooting was done in Amritsar and Patiala.
- Some parts of the movie were also shot in New Egerton Woolen Mills, Dhariwal a town in Punjab. The reason was the British infrastructure in the long established mill which resembled the post independence era.
- The final schedule of the film was completed in Mumbai in December 2017.
- On 10 December 2017, Akshay Kumar announced that the filming had been completed.
- The teaser for the film was launched on 5 February 2018.
- The first poster of movie was released by Akshay Kumar on his twitter handle on 12 June 2018.
- The trailer of the film was released on 25 June 2018.
- Some Emoji were launched on Twitter to promote the movie which worked by applying hashtag before specific keywords like #GoldMovie or #Gold2018. These were effective until 16 August 2018.
- It had collected Rs.13.25 crores from advance bookings before release.
- Mouni Roy made his acting debut in this movie.
- During one of the scenes of this movie, Imtiaz Shah (Vineet Kumar Singh) mentions that he was a part of INA made by Subhas Chandra Bose which was led by three generals, Khan, Dhillon and Sehgal. In the film Raag Desh Raag Desh (2017) which was made to show the story of the trial of these generals, Kunal Kapoor, who plays Samrat in this film, essayed the role of Maj. Gen. Shah Nawaz Khan and Amit Sadh, who plays Raghubir Pratap Singh in this film, essayed the role of Lt. Col. Gurbaksh Singh Dhillon.
- Although the actual score of the 1948 Olympics hockey final was 4-0 to India, the film has a score of 5-4 to India, because the producers of Gold felt that their audience would appreciate more of a cliffhanger.